1. Evaluating indigenous systems of medicine, particularly yoga and ayurveda, so that their physiological effects are studied using present-day scientific methods, with an aim of using these systems of medicine to promote health and manage disease.
2. Evaluating the use of home remedies through scientific studies so that these methods of healing may, if found suitable, be integrated in contemporary healing practices and hence be preserved.
3. Psychophysiological effects of yoga on functioning of
4. Therapeutic applications of yoga
5. Applications of yoga in education and specific occupations (e.g., the armed forces)
6. Large scale surveys to understand the knowledge and use of yoga in health.
7. Studying the scientific basis for ancient practices used in various areas of life (e.g., farming and architecture) so that these ancient practices can be better understood and hence preserved.